If you are in need of Accounting & Tax Services, please consider my favorite Certified Public Accountant Jonathan White. Connect with him at JonathanWhiteCPA.com
5 CRAZY OBVIOUS TIPS
on how to BE Debt Free!
Don’t have time to read the article below? You can watch it instead. Enjoy!
The formula for financial freedom or a lifetime of debt has one common denominator: Your Decision.
My husband and I have been married for 17 years. When we were young we had a lot of love and not much of anything else. Naturally like every young couple, we wanted to experience everything that life had to offer. We felt that our earnings were good and with two paychecks, we were fine. What we learned fast was that the weeks didn’t come fast enough.
You know the rest of the story. Our story is likely similar to yours. We are all drawn into making a living and believing that from working hard we can create a great life. We’ve all been sold the idea that we can make more to live better. This is a mindfield that we should NOT walk through. Making purchases based on future earnings is dangerous! But people do it all the time. I am a firm believer that behavior is learned. We do, what we see. Thank goodness that bad habits can be broken when you decide it’s time to change.
Have you SOLD yourself on Financial FREEDOM yet? This is the most important thing you will every do for your future. I’ve cracked the code of living a financially peaceful life. This is one of the major key and below you will find my remaining 5 crazy obvious tips on how to get out of debt! Before you continue reading, you must believe that you CAN do this. You ARE smart enough, you ARE strong enough and you DO have enough character to work through this! The discipline required to get out of debt and into freedom IS worth it. Once you make the decision to remove the debt noose around your neck, the following steps WILL work! You CAN do this! It IS worth it! It WILL work!
5 BEST DEBT-FREE Tips
1. BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR JOB and show your appreciation by working like mad to prove to whomever that you ARE grateful! You may not LOVE your job and it may not be your life long career target, however you will never receive more until you are grateful for what you already have. Once you accept this truth, the magic begins. This mental shift frees your spirit to work from a place of joy and creativity that WILL be noticed. The cash and the advancements will come AFTER you put in the work. Be mindful that this repayment may not come from your job. It could very well come from another source, but you WILL get paid. Hold the faith and keep working in joy!
Render more service than that for which you are paid and you will soon be paid for more than you render. The law of “Increasing Returns” takes care of this!Napoleon Hill
This joy filled perspective fueled me with renewed energy to find other sources of income. Stay tuned for more articles on how I used direct sales to turn our finances around in less than 3 years!
2. SAVE EVERYTHING, SPEND NOTHING, BE OKAY WITH NOT BEING COOL. I was a top producer for my company and buying cloths at discount stores. The only name brand anything I owned were those items I earned as a sales incentive. My mission was to reach financial freedom no matter the cost to my ego. And it was so worth it!
Ask yourself the obvious questions and you know the answers. Making yourself eat in, wear cloths you already have and using a flip phone instead of the next great tech invention goes back to SELLING yourself on being Financially FREE. The “yeah butts” in your mind are tell tell signs that you have not SOLD yourself on being debt free yet. Saving everything and spending nothing becomes easy when you’ve sold yourself hooked, lined, and sunk on the future that lies beyond working to pay for a stack of bills.
You’ve already bought what other’s were selling. Isn’t it time you sell yourself on something worth more than a wild time?Just Sayin'
This is difficult if you have children. I lived through our children’s whining and my self imposed guilt trips by reminding myself that they may not “like” me now, but I prayed for strength to continue so they may love me later. Each time I felt my resolve wavering, I’d simply go online and type in “Hungry Children” in the search engine. The mission to provide a better life for my children immediately was reinforced and I would quickly be reminded that financial freedom also brings with it the power of positive influence in the future. You can help others so much more when you are first able to help yourself. SOLD!
3. MAKE MINIMUM PAYMENTS ON EVERYTHING and throw all your “shopping/spending” money at paying off the highest interest bills first. Then move down the line until every bill goes down to $0.
4. ADD A “BILL” FOR YOUR SAVINGS ACCOUNT. If you are going to pay everyone else, let’s add YOUR future to the stack. Make a commitment that you will not buy anything until ALL the bills for your old purchases are down to $0 AND your savings account has 1 year’s salary in it. This amount should be a permanent FIXED balance in your savings account. No new purchases should be made that would bring your savings down lower then the minimum 1 year’s salary. What you make a year should be more then what you spend a year. If you are making less than you spend then this is a HUGE, MASSIVE problem. You either have a spending problem or an earning problem. Check back here to read more articles on how we overcame our earnings problem.
Exciting things are in your investing and wealth building future when you owe nothing and have a year’s safety net!
5. MAINTAINING A HIGH SAVINGS AND LOW SPENDING LIFESTYLE can be easy if you keep your spending eyes wide open and you SELL yourself on saving every time the spending monster bits! I always hold up the item I’m interested in buying and ask myself, “Do I love this $50 worth?” “Do I love this $100 worth?” Whatever the price tag, I ask myself do I love it as much as the price tag’s list? Most of the time the answer was No. If I’m ever in doubt. I just place the item in my shopping cart, walk around the store a couple more times and then ask my “Do I love this….” question again. The answer often would be NO.
Retail therapy only gives you a temporary high. If you are honest, the impulse to buy is just as temporary. Walk away. Make sure you mentally pat yourself on the back each time you do. It will get easier and easier every time!